Sunday, January 8, 2012

Less then 48 hours until TAKEOFF!

In less than 48 hours, a group of optimistic and open minded individuals from Fairleigh Dickinson University will be leaving the little bubble of Madison, NJ to embark on an adventure of a lifetime! Our home until we fly back for the new semester will be the town of Manzanillo, Costa Rica, where we will get to work doing community service.


Although, it does not sound so simple to me. I decided to partake in this trip not only to do good in this little community, but because frankly, it will be the most 'out of my comfort zone,' thing I have done since deciding to go to school six hours away from home. Not only have I never been out of the country before (besides Canada- before you needed a passport so it doesn't count), but I have never even been on a plane! So- my adventure started the second I bought a suitcase for this trip!


I am looking forward to experiencing this culture with both friends, and new people that I am sure I will soon call my friends. I can't wait to step of that plane and take in all that the country has to offer over the next ten days (with my fanny pack strapped tight of course...yes the one all of you make fun of me for!)
Until then, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment